Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby hwwty4 » January 31st, 2015, 6:54 pm

Blantons gone?

So I was at Bluestem last night and ordered a Blantons and the waitress told me that they hadn't been able to order it for a while and their distributor said it would be a couple months. Decided to go look for a bottle today and it took me 3 liquor stores. Finally found a bottle at Gomer's on 75th And it was their last.

Blantons was the bourbon that turned me onto bourbon. I would be very sad if it went the way of dodo.
WALDO
hwwty4

Postby BigTreeBrewing » January 31st, 2015, 8:45 pm

I think it's around on the Kansas side still.
BigTreeBrewing

Postby csbosox » January 31st, 2015, 9:53 pm

I like Blanton's too. I was exposed to that stuff at distributor fests when I worked at a liquor store in college.
csbosox

Postby hwwty4 » January 31st, 2015, 10:36 pm

csbosox wrote:I like Blanton's too. I was exposed to that stuff at distributor fests when I worked at a liquor store in college.

It was a beer and bourbon tasting with folks from this board that turned me onto bourbon. I blame craftbeerkc for my bourbon habit.
WALDO
hwwty4

Postby hwwty4 » February 2nd, 2015, 9:15 pm

Anyone see bottles of Elmer T Lee floating around? I heard they are moving from quarterly to bi yearly distribution.
WALDO
hwwty4

Postby scotter » May 28th, 2015, 2:25 pm

I saw today that the Wine and Cheese Place in St Louis got Angel's Evny Rye back in stock today (http://thewineandcheeseplace.blogspot.c ... d-rye.html) . Anyone know when we should expect this in MO or KS?
scotter

Postby johnf » June 13th, 2015, 3:23 pm

That Weller 12 is fantastic. Can not get it here. I will reshare my tip, I bought a case from Specs in TX for less than $25 a bottle shipped.
johnf

Postby phisherman_77 » June 13th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Also, keep your eyes open for the new batch of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. 69.9% ABV. Dangerously drinkable for a barrel proof whiskey.
phisherman_77

Postby phisherman_77 » June 13th, 2015, 7:00 pm

scotter wrote:I saw today that the Wine and Cheese Place in St Louis got Angel's Evny Rye back in stock today (http://thewineandcheeseplace.blogspot.c ... d-rye.html) . Anyone know when we should expect this in MO or KS?

I have seen a bottle of two of this around. Pricey stuff, but delicious.
phisherman_77

Postby hwwty4 » June 14th, 2015, 4:17 pm

phisherman_77 wrote:
scotter wrote:I saw today that the Wine and Cheese Place in St Louis got Angel's Evny Rye back in stock today (http://thewineandcheeseplace.blogspot.c ... d-rye.html) . Anyone know when we should expect this in MO or KS?

I have seen a bottle of two of this around. Pricey stuff, but delicious.

I saw 3 bottles on the shelf Friday at Mikes on wornall. I just couldn't pull the trigger at $80.
WALDO
hwwty4

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic