Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.
hopmolester69

Re: Bourbon Thread

Post by hopmolester69 » December 2nd, 2017, 2:15 am

KCcyclone01 wrote:Tipsys on Johnson Drive from 1pm to 3pm. Information from their Facebook site:

Highly allocated bourbon release day. We are giving customers the chance to gain access to a raffle to be allowed to purchase the many allocated bourbons that are released each fall. We will be holding drawings every 15 minutes between 1 and 3pm for the opportunity to purchase these rare bourbons. We will also be having many in store tasting of other bourbons.
are you going to be there tomorrow? because i have a rare IPA with your name on it.

hopmolester69

Post by hopmolester69 » December 2nd, 2017, 1:11 pm

Probably 250 people at tipsys right now lol

KCcyclone01

Post by KCcyclone01 » December 2nd, 2017, 9:32 pm

hopmolester69 wrote:Probably 250 people at tipsys right now lol
Appreciate the offer, another time. No, I didn't make it down there today. Plans changed outside of my control. I hear Lukas KCMO is also doing a lottery. Sign-ups I think to start on Monday. 250 ppl with 7-8 bottles. That's not as bad as it could be.

Anybody on here in the KC whiskey Society, the one affiliated with Mike's? Just Curious. Heard Mike's got 20 bottles of BTAC/PVW collection, all of the bottles went to KCWS, none for sale to the public.
-Andrew

hopmolester69

Post by hopmolester69 » December 3rd, 2017, 12:10 am

KCcyclone01 wrote:
Appreciate the offer, another time. No, I didn't make it down there today. Plans changed outside of my control. I hear Lukas KCMO is also doing a lottery. Sign-ups I think to start on Monday. 250 ppl with 7-8 bottles. That's not as bad as it could be.

Anybody on here in the KC whiskey Society, the one affiliated with Mike's? Just Curious. Heard Mike's got 20 bottles of BTAC/PVW collection, all of the bottles went to KCWS, none for sale to the public.
KCWS? thats pretty cool. I officially starting a club as well. the 69%CornMashers. We are really exclusive and have rare ass bottles you never heard of. PM for member info

phisherman_77

Post by phisherman_77 » December 3rd, 2017, 2:36 pm

I'm not aware of the KCWS getting a store's or a chain of stores' full allocation and that doesn't even make sense.

Though I hope you're right since I'm a member. :)

Rockchalkkc

Post by Rockchalkkc » December 3rd, 2017, 6:35 pm

KCcyclone01 wrote:

You heard wrong.

KCcyclone01

Post by KCcyclone01 » December 4th, 2017, 11:56 am

Rockchalkkc wrote:
KCcyclone01 wrote:

You heard wrong.
Fair enough.... Heard from a couple store managers and employees, at two different Mike's locations that were also lamenting the ability to get their hands on allocated bourbon. I don't know personally, only sharing what I was told since I am not a part of the society.

So whats the story on the Blanton's single barrel that was a Mike's "Store" Selection or was it KC Whiskey Society selection?
-Andrew

phisherman_77

Post by phisherman_77 » December 4th, 2017, 11:59 am

KCWS works with a lot of local stores to do single barrel selections.

hopmolester69

Post by hopmolester69 » December 5th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Plaza Liquor has "10yr barrel strength 4 roses, plaza edition"

hopmolester69

Post by hopmolester69 » December 5th, 2017, 10:47 pm

hopmolester69 wrote:Plaza Liquor has "10yr barrel strength 4 roses, plaza edition"
quoting myself here....

haha. well popped my bottle. holy jim jams. this is that band your friends always told you about but you never got into them until like 5 years later. Smooth, criminal, vanilla, sweet, creamy, buttery, toffee, light char, hints of bright citrus. At like 125 proof it borders on disinfection properties but hey an ounce or two of this beast will scare off any monsters under the bed.