Page 26 of 28

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: December 30th, 2017, 9:36 pm
by Rockchalkkc
Have you ever had a Magnus private pick? Because the KCWS bottle is probably the best private barrel pick I’ve ever had

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: December 31st, 2017, 11:48 am
by hwwty4
Rockchalkkc wrote:Have you ever had a Magnus private pick? Because the KCWS bottle is probably the best private barrel pick I’ve ever had
KC/DC is an amazing pick. Great barrel. I would still rather have the KCWS 4R Grinch for the money.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: December 31st, 2017, 5:44 pm
by Rockchalkkc
That’s fair but that’s an exceptional pick. I wish I’d gotten more

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: January 9th, 2018, 3:49 pm
by zmitts
What are the chances of finding Rock Hill Farms or Elijah Craig Barrel Proof around Kansas City?

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: January 9th, 2018, 5:26 pm
by hwwty4
zmitts wrote:What are the chances of finding Rock Hill Farms or Elijah Craig Barrel Proof around Kansas City?

Both are fairly allocated. I've seen ECBP on the shelf twice this last 6 months or so (only 1 bottle each time). Never seen RHF's on the shelf but it has come in.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: January 26th, 2018, 8:25 pm
by JSchock7
Green Spot in at Lukas OP if anyone is looking.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: January 30th, 2018, 12:13 pm
by zmitts
Anyone tried Gomer's pick of High West Double Rye, finished in Midwinter Nights Dram barrels? Sounds interesting, but I can't find any reviews of that particular barrel select finish online.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: January 30th, 2018, 3:49 pm
by EricH
If I am not mistaken, that's the stuff that The Belfry was wanting $25 a pour for. FWIW.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: February 13th, 2018, 1:04 am
by hopmolester69
okay im ready for the hate that will be coming my way...but.....

i had pappy 12-15-20

12yr was by far the best one, however not worth the price per oz at a bar. much better if i could just buy a bottle retail. but... i can now say ive had the pappy. i feel empty inside.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Posted: February 14th, 2018, 9:20 pm
by hwwty4
hopmolester69 wrote:okay im ready for the hate that will be coming my way...but.....

i had pappy 12-15-20

12yr was by far the best one, however not worth the price per oz at a bar. much better if i could just buy a bottle retail. but... i can now say ive had the pappy. i feel empty inside.
I think that 12 and 15 are the only two worth drinking. And their MSRP is what they are worth. There is much better whiskey out there.

I think people like pappy so much due to it being a wheater and easy to approach.