Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.
hwwty4

Re: Bourbon Thread

Post by hwwty4 » July 23rd, 2015, 7:29 pm

JSchock7 wrote:If anybody is looking we had 3 bottles of Orphan Barrel Rhetoric at Lukas OP when I left at 5. My distributor had no idea when ETL would be back in stock.
I was told ETL is on a biannual distribution now instead of the quarterly distribution it had before.
WALDO

ReedM

Post by ReedM » August 14th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Threw a bottle of Rhetoric in the case today
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street

hopmolester69

Post by hopmolester69 » August 28th, 2015, 2:27 pm

The wine and cheese place in St Louis, is having a Pappy van winkle raffle until oct 31.

Pappy Van Winkle includes 10yr, 12yr 13yr, 15yr, 20yr and 23yr plus the Antique Collection which includes George T. Stagg, Sazerac Rye 18 Year-Old, William Larue Weller, Thomas H. Handy, and Eagle Rare 17 Year-Old

Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon and
Buffalo Trace Antique Collection
This release we are going to do a raffle for chance to purchase a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle or the Antique Collection. We feel this is the fairest way as demand is off the charts. This is how we have done it the past few years.

Two ways to get raffle tickets

Everyone can get one FREE entry in the lottery. You must come to one of our four stores to sign up for your free raffle ticket. We want to make sure we give people that shop in our stores the best chance.
But we want to also reward all of our regulars that come in the store each week to get Bourbon. So you can get extra entries in the lottery and increase your chances. For each bottle of Bourbon you purchase from the list below you get another raffle ticket for the lottery. No limit.
We feel this is the fairest way as it allows everyone to enter, but rewards loyal regulars. It is these loyal regulars that help us get our allocation of Pappy Van Winkle and the Antique Collection.

You must purchase bourbon from this Whiskey list below (any size or year, excluding 50ml bottles). You can purchase the bourbons at any of our four locations or online.
order now
We know some of these are not in stock at all times. But if they are here, they count towards the lottery. Here is the list

1792 Barrel Select
Blantons
Bowman's
Buffalo Trace
E H Taylor Jr (all types)
Eagle Rare
Elmer T Lee
Hancock's
W.L. Weller Special Reserve and Antique
Old Charter 8 year Old
plus a few other random ones since many on the above are not in stock too often. See list online (subject to change)

bkoerper

Post by bkoerper » September 1st, 2015, 3:42 pm

I've been seeing some Weller 12 being posted on Facebook lately, anyone have the deets on who might have stock? :yes:

hwwty4

Post by hwwty4 » September 8th, 2015, 6:35 pm

If anyone sees Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon around let me know. I would really like to grab one.

Havent seen any new Weller except for a couple bottles of Antique.
WALDO

JSchock7

Post by JSchock7 » September 11th, 2015, 7:13 pm

bkoerper wrote:I've been seeing some Weller 12 being posted on Facebook lately, anyone have the deets on who might have stock? :yes:
I've got one left at Lukas OP if you are still looking for a bottle. Just let me know.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP

hwwty4

Post by hwwty4 » September 12th, 2015, 2:40 pm

JSchock7 wrote:
bkoerper wrote:I've been seeing some Weller 12 being posted on Facebook lately, anyone have the deets on who might have stock? :yes:
I've got one left at Lukas OP if you are still looking for a bottle. Just let me know.
Thanks. I would live to grab it if it's still available.
WALDO

JSchock7

Post by JSchock7 » September 14th, 2015, 11:44 am

hwwty4 wrote:
Sorry, for the late response but yes it's still available. I have it under the name hwwty4. Just let one of the cashiers know.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP

bkoerper

Post by bkoerper » September 14th, 2015, 12:15 pm

hwwty4 wrote:
JSchock7 wrote:
OP is not in my travel plans for today and I found one since, so you should grab this!

Regardless, Thanks JSchock!

hwwty4

Post by hwwty4 » September 14th, 2015, 7:55 pm

bkoerper wrote:
hwwty4 wrote:
OP is not in my travel plans for today and I found one since, so you should grab this!

Regardless, Thanks JSchock!
[/quote]

I actually thought they were talking about the Birthday Bourbon. Not trying to squeeze in on your Weller action.
WALDO