Amigoni Winery - New Space

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Amigoni Winery - New Space

Postby AmyS » May 29th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Amigoni's in a new space now. Same area (West Bottoms), just up the street a bit at 1505 Genessee. I haven't been yet, but the building looks very cool and pictures of the space are impressive.

They're now charging $5 for a tasting flight of wine, but now offer a tasting flight of Blvd beers for $5. From their email today:

Starting today we will be charging for all tastings. The fee will be $5 dollars for a tasting of 5 wines we have either in bottle or on tap, which we will be changing weekly.

You will be able to taste 5 wines and they may include bottled or tap wines.

The wines we will be featuring on tap are:
2010 Urban Bianco, unfiltered - a new blend of Viognier & Sauvignon Blanc
2011 Urban Rose - our new vintage of the hottest selling wine of 2010
2010 Malbec - our brand new vintage, never before tasted

Amigoni Wine on Tap is low sulfite, fresh wine with whites served at 45 degrees and reds at 58 degrees .... it doesn't get any better. The dual temperature zoned keg boxes just arrived from Europe and we got 'em. Experience the new technology of wine on tap.

We are proud to be serving Boulevard beer tastings as well. The fee will be $5 for a beer tasting. We have 6 beers on tap and you may choose 4 beers to taste, which will be color coded with poker chips underneath the 4oz tasting glasses. Once you have selected your favorite, (if you can choose just one) you may order your favorite Boulevard beer in a European tulip beer glass. Expect to see a nice mix of your traditional favorites and seasonal beers, too.

As of this week, the beers we will be featuring on tap are:
Boulevard Pale Ale
Boulevard Wheat
Boulevard Pilsner
Boulevard Stout
Boulevard Tank 7
Boulevard Single Wide IPA

Next week, the Saison Brett is on Tap!

If you haven't yet, and you like wine, Amigoni's worth a visit. They're by FAR my favorite* local winery (which includes STL)... I'm REALLY excited about the Urban Rose - last I was there, Jennifer Vergara was pouring and said it's a dry rose with a lot of minerality. Not sweet. Should be good!

*If you have any other recommendations for regional wineries that don't produce mostly sweet (norton, chambourcin, etc) wines, I'd love to know about them.
AmyS

Re: Amigoni Winery - New Space

Postby beastiefan » May 31st, 2012, 3:51 pm

that place looks cool as heck.
lips of faith is where great beers go to die
I am prefacing this by saying I am really not trying to be a downer.
beastiefan

Return to Off-Topic