Best Areas

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Best Areas

Postby Infinite1 » August 18th, 2015, 10:05 am

Heading over to Kansas City for the Bears game and was wondering best place to stay and what bar/restaurants I should visit
Infinite1

Re: Best Areas

Postby thomas15 » August 18th, 2015, 12:37 pm

Westport or downtown are my favorite areas right now. I live in Westport and work downtown.
Westport:
Foundry/Mccoys is always a favorite. They are connected, offer great beer from their brewpub (mccoys) and foundry always has a great draft selection.
Local pig can be hit or miss with draft stuff but always is an amazing place to eat. They have occasional bottle gems too.
Green room is a newer place that is great. It's like a smaller moms basementish ( in the best way) mccoys/foundry. Great burgers and the draft list can be the best in Westport at times. They have firkins a lot. They have a one barrel system and offer their own beer too. Plus board games.
If you can get into riot room before a concert just for beer and not pay a cover, they typically have good lineup too.
Downtown:
Border Brewing and Double Shift are two breweries next to each other on 18th and Oak. Double Shift is brand new and I have yet to make it by but it's in a great spot in a great building. Border is almost or around a year old, they have a nice lineup.
Torn Label is where I work and we are between 17th and 18th on Campbell right before 71 highway. I like all our beers a lot, pretty pretty biased tho.
There is also a flying saucer in power and light. It has a lot of taps taps and great beers as flying saucers do.
I personally really like the belfry. I think it's on like 16th and grand. Always some good draft choices and great food.
Tapcade and up/down are both great. They are both craft beer arcade bars. I'd give a slight nod to Tapcade on the beers and a slight nod to up/down on the games. Both are great though.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby thomas15 » August 18th, 2015, 12:41 pm

https://www.boulevard.com/brewery/brewe ... ting-room/
Oh and don't forget this... They generally have test beers on.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby Infinite1 » August 18th, 2015, 1:21 pm

Thank you. That is definitely helpful
Infinite1

Postby Lagerinthefront » August 18th, 2015, 2:58 pm

[quote="thomas15"]
Torn Label is where I work and we are between 17th and 18th on Campbell right before 71 highway.

Glad you landed on your feet after the Berbiglia fiasco. Hope to get downtown soon and visit you at Torn Label.
Lagerinthefront

Postby keezer » August 19th, 2015, 5:54 am

Here's a similar thread you may find useful: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2095

I would consider staying at the Country Club Plaza, which will provide pretty easy access to Westport, Waldo and downtown.
Tim
keezer

Postby divvy9 » August 24th, 2015, 1:48 pm

I would consider staying at the Country Club Plaza, which will provide pretty easy access to Westport, Waldo and downtown.

Not to mention the easiest and quickest route to the stadium. May be difficult to navigate when coming in from out of town but a pretty straight shot. Any of the fine places you stop into around the westport, waldo, or plaza areas, ask someone how to get to the stadium from there and hopefully they know that route on 350 highway.
divvy9

Postby sweeto » August 24th, 2015, 4:08 pm

divvy9 wrote:

Not to mention the easiest and quickest route to the stadium. May be difficult to navigate when coming in from out of town but a pretty straight shot. Any of the fine places you stop into around the westport, waldo, or plaza areas, ask someone how to get to the stadium from there and hopefully they know that route on 350 highway.

My favorite way to go to a Chiefs game from the Plaza area is Swope/Blue Pkwy (which eventually turns into 350) to Sni-A-Bar Rd to Eastern Ave to Raytown Rd in through Gate 5. Coming home you usually can't turn onto Eastern so I'll go Winchester Ave/Coal Mine Rd back to Blue Pkwy.
sweeto

Return to Off-Topic