Best dishes around KC. Must haves!

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Best dishes around KC. Must haves!

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » January 9th, 2016, 12:46 pm

keezer wrote:Since I think cost can be factored into this discussion, the Wed and Thur specials at The Lone Elm taproom are pretty freaking awesome:

Wed: KC strip, side and any beer from the tap list for $10
Thur: Burger, side and any beer for $7

The steak and burger are legit.

We still definitely need to meet up for this. Great deal
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby mwilliams_39 » January 9th, 2016, 1:38 pm

Peanut wings
mwilliams_39

Postby booyahachieved3 » January 9th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Panang curry at Hot Basil Thai goes great with an IPA
Rock chalk Jayhawk!
booyahachieved3

Postby JSchock7 » January 13th, 2016, 2:00 am

The Sweet Caroline or Triple Crown at Char Bar. First time going and definitely won't be the last. Solid beer list as well.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby thomas15 » January 13th, 2016, 12:32 pm

hopmolester69 wrote:You gotta chk out the ramen at friends sushi on 39th st. they deliver as well!!!

Oh word they do Ramen now? I always liked going there monday for the special. That sushi place up a block called Bob Wasabi is the truth too.

ABC Cafe is a favorite of mine. I always get the Young chow fried rice, salt and pepper pork chop, and wontons with chili sauce.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby EricH » August 5th, 2016, 3:48 pm

keezer wrote:Since I think cost can be factored into this discussion, the Wed and Thur specials at The Lone Elm taproom are pretty freaking awesome:

This is the real deal...last night I went to Lone Elm and sure as anything, I got a Burnt Ends Burger (exactly what it sounds like, burnt ends, BBQ sauce and swiss on an already sizeable burger, I would guess 1/3lb. minimum), a pint of whatever they have on tap (normally $5-6 by itself) and a side of fries for $7. Unbelievable. Cheaper than a combo meal at Wendy's, and the burger was delicious.
They say there are strangers who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
That those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
EricH

Postby keezer » August 5th, 2016, 3:57 pm

EricH wrote:

This is the real deal...last night I went to Lone Elm and sure as anything, I got a Burnt Ends Burger (exactly what it sounds like, burnt ends, BBQ sauce and swiss on an already sizeable burger, I would guess 1/3lb. minimum), a pint of whatever they have on tap (normally $5-6 by itself) and a side of fries for $7. Unbelievable. Cheaper than a combo meal at Wendy's, and the burger was delicious.

Glad you liked it. You were smart to get there when you did last night. Now that word has gotten out, the place is insane until the happy hour crowd dies down.

I believe they've raised the price slightly on the steak ($12?), but it's still a steal. They don't always cook to the right temperature, but I cut them some slack for the price. If you call it to their attention, they will fix it.
Tim
keezer

Postby hopmolester69 » December 15th, 2016, 9:29 pm

if anyone hasnt been to hawg jaw bbq yet, i would definitely check them out! excellent meats and sides. burnt ends are terrific!
hopmolester69

Postby keezer » July 1st, 2017, 5:58 am

EricH wrote:

Well, sadly the daily food specials are gone and the happy hour prices have changed from half off to $1 off. Their beer prices are often high by $1-2, so the HH special is not usually such a great deal.
Tim
keezer

Postby whiskeydeez » July 1st, 2017, 11:58 am

keezer wrote:
EricH wrote:

Well, sadly the daily food specials are gone and the happy hour prices have changed from half off to $1 off. Their beer prices are often high by $1-2, so the HH special is not usually such a great deal.

Well that sucks, I knew they raised the prices a while back. Guess I again have no reason to go in to an overpriced grocery store for anything.
whiskeydeez

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic