Best dishes around KC. Must haves!

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Best dishes around KC. Must haves!

Postby quislet » July 5th, 2017, 10:42 am

I went in for the last week that the Lone Elm had their weekly burger special. My understanding is that they are not doing away with the specials permanently. They are just working on some new ones to put out there. Stinks about the happy hour deals though.
quislet

Postby hopmolester69 » September 19th, 2017, 8:35 pm

heading to bluestem on wednesday. thoughts?
hopmolester69

Postby EricH » September 20th, 2017, 10:00 am

I totally forgot about this thread. I have to give a big shoutout to Sushi UNI in Lenexa. Some of the best Asian food I have ever had. The crab rangoon and egg drop soup are not to be missed! They are not a beer destination by any means, only having 1 or 2 bottled craft beers at a time, but the owner is not beer-ignorant at all and it's usually something like Two Hearted or a Boulevard seasonal. I am not sure about right now, but this time last year, they were the #1, most highly-rated restaurant in the state of KS on Yelp...
EricH

Postby dansb » September 20th, 2017, 11:29 am

EricH wrote: They are not a beer destination by any means, only having 1 or 2 bottled craft beers at a time, but the owner is not beer-ignorant at all and it's usually something like Two Hearted or a Boulevard seasonal.

Everything I have had there is solid and the pricing is good. Been to a couple bbq's/informal beer shares that the owner was at. Nice guy.
dansb

Postby tuckner » September 21st, 2017, 11:54 am

hopmolester69 wrote:heading to bluestem on wednesday. thoughts?

You'll eat some weird good stuff assuming you're doing courses. Enjoy!

EricH wrote:I totally forgot about this thread. I have to give a big shoutout to Sushi UNI in Lenexa. Some of the best Asian food I have ever had. The crab rangoon and egg drop soup are not to be missed! They are not a beer destination by any means, only having 1 or 2 bottled craft beers at a time, but the owner is not beer-ignorant at all and it's usually something like Two Hearted or a Boulevard seasonal. I am not sure about right now, but this time last year, they were the #1, most highly-rated restaurant in the state of KS on Yelp...

Didn't care for their miso but those goons are a treasure.
tuckner

Previous

Return to Off-Topic