All Things Coffee

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

All Things Coffee

Postby tuckner » February 1st, 2016, 12:42 pm

There is a couple other threads here on different subjects, but I figured I would make an overarching thread. As if a beer forum didn't have enough discussion about vices. Couple recent things:

Blip burned down. This was becoming one of my favorite roasters in the area. Hope they can get back on their feet quickly-
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBGCNVloa4e/?taken-by=bliproasters

GF picked up a (I believe) single lot coffee from Columbia from Oddly Correct that they will be using in the KC Barista Competition these upcoming days. Crazy good smooth with low acidity-
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAssVjVgyYz/?taken-at=2917854

Hotbox (subsidiary of Oskar Blues) has been shipping coffee and every once and awhile have a barrel aged coffee available. Ordered last week-
tuckner

Re: All Things Coffee

Postby EricH » February 1st, 2016, 4:17 pm

I just went to Maps over my lunch break a few mins ago for the first time and met Vincent. He was really cool and friendly. I picked up some sort of Ethiopian and Guatemalan blend, looking forward to drinking some soon. He said that they have a "brew night" there every so often too, where they invite people to come to the shop, bring a sixer or something and hang out and brew something (as in beer, not coffee, just to clarify).
We've been too long American dreaming
I think we've all lost the way
Forlorn, somnambulistic, maniacal
In the dark
EricH

Postby flip » February 1st, 2016, 4:20 pm

Where did you get the Hotbox beans? I'd be interested in ordering some of those.
flip

Postby tuckner » February 1st, 2016, 4:27 pm

http://hotboxroasters.com/store/

They actually still have the Tequila BA available. I thought I saw something about them being in Whole Foods in the area now too but I don't remember where I saw that. I'd be happy to share some of mine as well if you want to give it a shot... I didn't realize how much a 32 oz can of coffee beans actually is.
tuckner

Postby keezer » April 14th, 2016, 11:01 pm

EricH wrote:I just went to Maps over my lunch break a few mins ago for the first time and met Vincent. He was really cool and friendly. I picked up some sort of Ethiopian and Guatemalan blend, looking forward to drinking some soon. He said that they have a "brew night" there every so often too, where they invite people to come to the shop, bring a sixer or something and hang out and brew something (as in beer, not coffee, just to clarify).

Yeah, he's a really nice guy and knows his stuff. I bought 8 pounds of green coffee from him a few months ago. Had a great cup while I was there. didnt realize he was into homebrewing too.
Tim
keezer

Return to Off-Topic