Music

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Music

Postby EricH » July 29th, 2014, 4:28 pm

DustinM wrote:So I finally took your advice and checked out this music thread. No surprise though that there's not a single mention of any music I really listen to. Any metal/hardcore fans on the site at all? Anyone in their early-mid 30s that spent hour upon hour blaring Pantera, Tool, Deftones, VOD, Sepultura? Maybe some Machinehead, Soulfly, Hatebreed or Snot? Has to be someone out there. Maybe?

I spent many an hour blaring Pantera, Tool and Sepultura, actually, Prong as well, and plenty of old Metallica, along with a smattering of Anthrax, Slayer, Deftones, Testament and Megadeth. Also lots of Ministry.

Mostly what kills metal for me these days is the ridiculous cookie monster vocals, so I am more into stuff like Red Sparowes, Russian Circles, Jesu, Animals as Leaders, etc., along with any of Buckethead's forays into metal, of which there are many.

EricH

Postby DustinM » July 29th, 2014, 4:31 pm

I saw Buckethead play with Primus at Ozzfest. Definitely a show I'd pay money to see again.
DustinM

Postby quislet » July 30th, 2014, 2:02 pm

EricH wrote:
Mostly what kills metal for me these days is the ridiculous cookie monster vocals, so I am more into stuff like Red Sparowes, Russian Circles, Jesu, Animals as Leaders, etc., along with any of Buckethead's forays into metal, of which there are many.

I also had lots of love for all of the "classic" metal bands. I had to laugh at your comment about cookie monster vocals because that rings true for me as well. It's a big part of why I don't listen as much as I used to though I am always on the lookout for something that will drag me back in. The closest I've come recently is a band called Periphery but even they have some grating vocal moments. Animals as Leaders has been recommended to me recently but I haven't heard of the rest that you listed. I will have to check them out!!
quislet

Postby theisti » September 19th, 2014, 12:23 pm

New Ryan Adams album is really great.
theisti

Postby theisti » September 19th, 2014, 12:28 pm

theisti wrote:New Ryan Adams album is really great.

Bunch of the album live here:

https://archive.org/details/ryanadams2014-09-08.fm
theisti

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » September 19th, 2014, 3:53 pm

New Big & Rich album out next week! :)

Sorry to steal your thunder Theisti ;) ha...
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby EricH » March 16th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Fishbone is coming to KC, and for free!!!

https://www.facebook.com/crossroadskc/a ... 575863087/

Fuck yeah!

If anyone here is going and wants to meet up, let me know. I'm a Fishbone fan from way back.

I guess since I am posting about music, Buckethead is also coming back to Lawrence, after taking a 3-year hiatus from touring:

http://thegranada.com/event/2016/04/15/buckethead

Same deal, if you're from KC and want to car pool or something, hit me up. Needless to say, there will be a visit to Free State beforehand. ;)
EricH

Postby hopmolester69 » March 24th, 2016, 2:18 pm

hopmolester69

Postby EricH » March 24th, 2016, 3:53 pm

So awesome to have a video of this show. I was there that night (of course) :)
EricH

Postby EricH » April 15th, 2016, 9:45 am

The legendary, the one, the only PUBLIC ENEMY will be playing a FREE show in Lawrence on June 25th during the Free State Festival!!

http://www.lawrence.com/news/2016/apr/1 ... -free-sta/
EricH

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic