BKS Release

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

BKS Release

Postby hopmolester69 » January 13th, 2018, 4:17 pm

????? hype it up hype boyz
hopmolester69

Re: BKS Release

Postby Bobby Digital » January 13th, 2018, 8:28 pm

I've loved their stuff but I think my waiting in line for beer days are over.
Bobby Digital

Postby keezer » January 14th, 2018, 7:41 am

I went yesterday. Honestly, I think their beer needs work. All of the beers I tried (the IPAs and the mild) had a weird, unpleasant bitterness. Not a strong bitterness. Just sharp and unpleasant. Counterculture had the soft mouthfeel it should for a NE, but was lacking in juicy character. That offputting bitterness came through as it warmed. I bought cans of Antithesis. I drank one last night. It had a nice hop aroma and flavor befitting the hops they used, but as it warmed that damn unpleasant bitterness came through and I couldn't finish it.

We got there around 2ish and there was a short wait to get in. It was wall-to-wall people inside, but they did a good job behind the bar. Very little seating provided. I assume that was intentional to accommodate more people. The pours were small for the price. $5/can for the mild and $6/can for the IPA is stupidly expensive, but if they keep selling out, who can blame them for charging that much. The cans sold out shortly after we got there.

All of the IPAs I had at Double Shift and Torn label on Fri night were better without the hassle or high price tag. I've had several homebrewed NE IPA's that I thought were better than what BKS is selling currently.

So, yeah, at this point I'd say it's more hype than substance.
Tim
keezer

Postby theisti » January 14th, 2018, 9:36 am

keezer wrote:I went yesterday. .............. So, yeah, at this point I'd say it's more hype than substance.

<<clears throat>> I'm not sure you understand how the hype train runs.

We say everything is perfect, we trade beers for beers that some other city says are perfect, then we both drink our perfect beers and agree they are perfect. Perfection is what fuels the train.

Then, of course, we find a fresh can of Alpha Pale Ale and don't think twice about it.
theisti

Postby theisti » January 14th, 2018, 9:41 am

My apologies, board, as the introducer of the sarcasm font color, I should have properly notated my post above.
theisti

Postby tuckner » January 14th, 2018, 11:04 am

I think the green aspect comes from them making just enough beer for each weekend. I sat on the first bottle IPA release for a couple weeks and it was really good. Haven't been a fan of anything other than the IPAs though. Guessing it will be hard to sell their saisons in KC... has Crane stopped with theirs?

Fine with supporting them but the low quantities, long lines and high price makes it not worth it personally.
tuckner

Postby dansb » January 14th, 2018, 4:56 pm

keezer wrote: $5/can for the mild and $6/can for the IPA is stupidly expensive, but if they keep selling out, who can blame them for charging that much.

Geeze and that is to go? 50 percent higher than everything I can think of.
Last edited by dansb on January 14th, 2018, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dansb

Postby EricH » January 14th, 2018, 6:02 pm

theisti wrote:<<clears throat>> I'm not sure you understand how the hype train runs.

We say everything is perfect, we trade beers for beers that some other city says are perfect, then we both drink our perfect beers and agree they are perfect. Perfection is what fuels the train.

Then, of course, we find a fresh can of Alpha Pale Ale and don't think twice about it.

:lol: :lol:
EricH

Postby Rockchalkkc » January 14th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Give their IPAs a week from purchase then drink them. I agree that they aren’t the best initially but they open up really nicely after a week. Pine tree did wonderfully. I’m not worried about BKS after having their BA stouts and saisons that we’re home brewed.. give them some time.. hypeboi signing off
Rockchalkkc

Postby Jake1605 » January 14th, 2018, 10:01 pm

I thought it was tacky to sell 3-4 cans and a bomber to the first 3/4 of the line but then the last section of the line just got to buy 1 can. I won't be interested in dropping by there for a pour.
Jake1605

Next

Return to Beer Events