April Tasting?

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

April Tasting?

Postby johnf » March 20th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Thinking of having a non-themed tasting at my place (newly pet free!) in April. Personally I'll be bringing (up the stairs) an 8 year Bigfoot vertical and what I believe is the full horizontal (6) of Barrel Aged Black Holes. So basically the theme is getting rid of stuff that needs to be got ridden of.

Any interest? Preferences on a weekend? The Parkville weekend is probably out but I can't think of any other big conflict.
johnf

Re: April Tasting?

Postby hwwty4 » March 20th, 2012, 8:10 pm

I'd probably be down. I have a full vert of bbq that needs to be drunk. Plus other crap.
WALDO
hwwty4

Postby beastiefan » March 20th, 2012, 10:57 pm

any weekend except for the 20th works well. Preferably earlier in the month.
lips of faith is where great beers go to die
I am prefacing this by saying I am really not trying to be a downer.
beastiefan

Postby Pulp » March 20th, 2012, 11:00 pm

I would seriously love to participate, though I don't have anything nearly that impressive to share.

Anyway, I can't do the weekend of the 16th (Coachella), but don't plan around me (obviously).
Pulp

Postby hwwty4 » March 21st, 2012, 6:56 am

Also as a side note, I would still like to get another Saison-a-thon together for like May or June. Sometime when its just a bit warmer. I got wazoo saisons.
WALDO
hwwty4

Postby beer4bill » March 21st, 2012, 8:35 am

John - I would like to participate, I have couple of years of Schafley's Barley wine and bottle of O'Fallons '10 Smoked Porter to add.

hwwty4 - The Saison-a-thon sound great, I should have couple of beers to contribute.

Cheers
beer4bill

Postby johnf » March 21st, 2012, 10:05 am

By no means is there a requirement to match what I listed in the OP in order to attend. I'm just trying to be a good host and get rid of a couple of things that need to be opened in a bigger group if they are going to be opened together. If we all brought that much beer we would all die if we tried to drink it.

So if we stick to earlier in the month and not the weekend of Parkville it is the 7th or the 14th. I'll wait a couple days to see if there are any strong preferences and then just pick one of those if there are not.
johnf

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » March 21st, 2012, 11:35 am

Yeah, I would like to attend as well if it works out. The more I try and then hear feedback from some of you pros, besides what I think, the better.

I'll check the calendar later and see if any dates are better then others from what was mentioned so far. I'll put up a list of some of what I have then too, and you all can let me know what u would like to try. I'm slowly but surely increasing my cellar stash.
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby hwwty4 » March 21st, 2012, 11:38 am

We should invite Ted. He has a ton of crap that needs to be drank. Who wants to have a 3 year old IPA party!
WALDO
hwwty4

Postby beastiefan » March 21st, 2012, 11:44 am

hwwty4 wrote:We should invite Ted. He has a ton of crap that needs to be drank. Who wants to have a 3 year old IPA party!

why isn't Ted on this site? Someone get him over here.
lips of faith is where great beers go to die
I am prefacing this by saying I am really not trying to be a downer.
beastiefan

Next

Return to Beer Events