Chocolate, Cheese & Ale tasting @ 75th St.

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.
EricH

Chocolate, Cheese & Ale tasting @ 75th St.

Post by EricH » April 22nd, 2012, 5:01 pm

http://beerforwardkc.blogspot.com/2012/ ... beers.html

Here's the full list of beers we'll have available to sample at this year's Chocolate, Cheese & Ale tasting at 75th Street Brewery on Thursday, April 26th:

- 75th Street Brewery Vanilla Bean Porter: a decadent blend of whole vanilla beans and the chocolate malt notes of a double porter. One of our best beers...EVER! 8.7% ABV

- 75th Street Brewery Swift Kick: bourbon whiskey barrel aged Honey Brown with slightly sour notes. 8.5% ABV

- 75th Street Brewery Dante's Dream: A strong Belgian-style Pale Ale with superb hop characteristics and the spicy/fruitiness of Belgian Trappist yeast. 9.3% ABV

- Brasserie La Botteresse De Sur-Les-Bois Brune: strong Brown Ale with a spicy nose and a rich full body with flavors of sage, thyme and pine. 10% ABV

- Scheldebrouwerij Zeezuiper: a slightly sweet, full-bodied, malty Belgian Tripel with notes of citrus fruit up front and a drying bitterness in the finish. 8% ABV

- Bierbrouwerij Grand-Café Emelisse Barleywine: a traditional, sweet, malty barley-wine brewed in Holland. 10.5% ABV

- Brewery Ommegang Adoration: a perfectly balanced Belgian-style strong ale with cardamom, mace, grains of paradise and orange peel. 10% ABV

- Brouwerij Lindeman’s Framboise Lambic: spontaneously fermented raspberry lambic. 4% ABV

- Kaimai Brewing Company Golden Rye: A pleasantly original golden rye ale. 6% ABV

In addition to all the beers on this list we'll also be cracking open an eclectic variety of bottled beers from around the world selected from the 75th Street Brewers’ vintage collection. Cellared beers ranging in age from 2 – 8 years old. We'll provide beer, chocolate and cheese pairing suggestions but we encourage you to experiment and create your own. Tickets are still available and must be purchased in advance. Call 75th Street at (816) 523-4677 to make your reservations today.
---

I wasn't sure if anyone had heard of this yet so I figured I'd post it.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."