2016 KC Area Beer Fests

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Re: 2016 KC Area Beer Fests

Postby keezer » May 10th, 2016, 5:44 pm

jcrews wrote:Anyone see a Waldo Hopfest list? I went to their website and FB page and no luck. Looks like 2015 VIP list was out almost 30 days prior to the event. We're approaching 10 days out and the only thing I've seen is CBS, Rumpkyn, Ivan The Terrible, and KMF.

After last year, I'm not sure I'd trust whatever list they put out.
Tim
keezer

Postby keezer » May 16th, 2016, 12:06 pm

I've just updated the date for the High Plains Brewhoff. The city of Overland Park asked them to change their date, because they want the beerfest to be part of the city's fall festival.
Tim
keezer

Postby EricH » May 17th, 2016, 11:28 am

I just received an email for the 2016 "Briar Fest", which is new to me:

http://bbpakc.com/

I don't see a list of beers or even breweries (just says "8 different breweries"), and its this Saturday. That doesn't seem like good information to withhold, especially when you are asking $75 for some sort of VIP option, but I added it to the list.
EricH

Postby Kevanyon » May 19th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Hopfest release their beer list finally and its meh. Founder's CBS is the most noteworthy beer. http://www.waldohopfest.com/breweries-and-beers.html
Kevanyon

Postby Lagerinthefront » May 19th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Kevanyon wrote:Hopfest release their beer list finally and its meh. Founder's CBS is the most noteworthy beer. http://www.waldohopfest.com/breweries-and-beers.html

Leaving the boat & harpoon at home. For these beers, you only need a 5 gallon bucket and a cane pole.
Lagerinthefront

Postby jcrews » May 20th, 2016, 7:19 am

whiskeydeez wrote:Does anyone have knowledge concerning the Hop Fest planning? I'm curious if the reduced ticket price this year and BOGO promotion means that they are planning on upping the number of tickets sold. Hope it's not oversold, I always like this festival but they have had overcrowding issues in the past and run out of beer early. I thought they made a lot of good adjustments last year so I'm hoping it's not going backwards.

So here's what I've noticed. Yesterday afternoon there were 23 GA tickets left on Eventbrite. Then later in the evening there were magically 1000! So they're continuing to sell tickets online and will likely have tickets at the door. This meh beer list coupled with the very good chance they oversell tickets, has the makings of a really bad festival.
jcrews

Postby bigpete » May 21st, 2016, 6:00 pm

Anyone make it out to HopFest? I am having a few customers come in and complain about the long lines.
bigpete

Postby EricH » May 21st, 2016, 7:07 pm

bigpete wrote:Anyone make it out to HopFest? I am having a few customers come in and complain about the long lines.

No, but this showed up on the site twitter feed earlier:

https://twitter.com/arogadam/status/734 ... 96/photo/1

Yikes.

*Edit* - t.co link replaced
EricH

Postby bigpete » May 21st, 2016, 8:11 pm

EricH wrote:
bigpete wrote:Anyone make it out to HopFest? I am having a few customers come in and complain about the long lines.

No, but this showed up on the site twitter feed earlier:

https://t.co/rhtuHnRRpn

Yikes.

It wont load for me.
bigpete

Postby Lagerinthefront » May 22nd, 2016, 6:25 am

I had a blast at Hopfest! Stood in line for CBS for about 4 minutes with a Crane Kumquat Weiss in my hand. I got to just walk up and get pours of Crane all day & MCBC Purple Train too (until they both ran out about an hour before the festival ended). The area around the food trucks and porta-potties got really crowded and never really let up. I also got BCBS without waiting in line. The only other lines I stood in for more than a few minutes were for the special tappings of MCBC Trolley Trail Ale (it was ok) & Lagunitas Waldo Special (very good). The belle of the ball (IMO) was...Crane Kumquat Weiss.
Lagerinthefront

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Events