2016 KC Area Beer Fests

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Re: 2016 KC Area Beer Fests

Postby EricH » September 11th, 2016, 2:24 pm

JeremyDanner wrote:This looks to be another outside event company festival similar to America On Tap. I'm surprised that they're holding two sessions.

For sure. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't even like the idea of this sort of thing. It seems to me like it only exists to promote their brand name and make money for the organizers.

"Sip the best brews while you listen to live bands and DJs".

Oh, the brews are "the best", are they? Is there a beer list? Oh, there's not? Oh. Well, I guess they are just all the best! I should just buy tickets now without that information!

:roll:
EricH

Postby JustinKendall » September 11th, 2016, 7:07 pm

This fest is going down at Crossroads KC, a venue that I've been waiting to see host a festival.

http://www.mobetterbrews.com/buy-tickets

A local brother-and-sister team are putting on the fest. It's their first, but I've met Seth, and he's a cool guy, so I'm pulling for them.
JustinKendall

Postby EricH » September 11th, 2016, 8:28 pm

JustinKendall wrote:This fest is going down at Crossroads KC, a venue that I've been waiting to see host a festival.

http://www.mobetterbrews.com/buy-tickets

A local brother-and-sister team are putting on the fest. It's their first, but I've met Seth, and he's a cool guy, so I'm pulling for them.

See, by comparison, that's a fest that I think folks should check out.
EricH

Postby localbrewer » September 23rd, 2016, 9:15 am

One of my all time favorite events just had tickets go on sale. Arts and Crafts at Screenland VIP tickets are now on sale. The event is on Dec 2-4th, three days of amazing beers, and it is inside.
localbrewer

Postby Brentleman » October 5th, 2016, 7:19 am

Bye Week Brew Fest - this Saturday at Crossroads (not to be confused with the Blue Grass Brew Bash two weeks later at the same venue)
http://byeweekbrewfest.com/

Tickets are just $14.50 via Groupon
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-bye-week-brewfest-crossroad
Brentleman

Postby EricH » December 1st, 2016, 3:55 pm

swid wrote:Just saw this pop up on Twitter...coming to the Sprint Center on November 5.

TAPPED - The Ultimate Craft Beer Festival

So out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that KC Beer Blog has pimped this fest way harder than any other fest that has ever occurred here?
EricH

Postby localbrewer » December 1st, 2016, 5:30 pm

EricH wrote:
swid wrote:Just saw this pop up on Twitter...coming to the Sprint Center on November 5.

TAPPED - The Ultimate Craft Beer Festival

So out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that KC Beer Blog has pimped this fest way harder than any other fest that has ever occurred here?

Yea I was wondering about that as well. I was a bit disappointed how much they pushed it when the fest does not appear to be put on my a local group or brewery. The fact that it is the first post by the person on the site makes me worried about what the content will be like now. I have not seen anything about the other fest that have happened lately like strong ale or Arts and Crafts and I think these are the events most people around here are more excited about. I figured I would just want to see how it goes before making any real judgment.
localbrewer

Previous

Return to Beer Events