Breakfast for (Beer) Dinner & Requiem for a Pancake 2/28

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Re: Breakfast for (Beer) Dinner & Requiem for a Pancake 2/28

Postby zmitts » February 28th, 2017, 10:41 am

Russ wrote:Anyone there? Worth a trip at lunch?

The beer isn't released until tomorrow. The "2/28" in the title is referring to the dinner tonight. Didn't want you to waste a trip to the brewery today and be disappointed. :)
zmitts

Postby Russ » February 28th, 2017, 11:24 am

thanks for lookin out
Russ

Postby KCcyclone01 » February 28th, 2017, 11:38 am

Has it been said how many cases of this was produced or will be available? Trying to gauge quantities and time away from the office tomorrow.
-Andrew
KCcyclone01

Postby EricH » February 28th, 2017, 11:48 am

No, just that the batch is "super-small" and that there is a 4-bottle limit.
Palaces, barricades, threats, meet promises
EricH

Postby JeremyDanner » February 28th, 2017, 1:32 pm

KCcyclone01 wrote:Has it been said how many cases of this was produced or will be available? Trying to gauge quantities and time away from the office tomorrow.

No. We're not sharing a bottle/case count for Requiem for a Pancake.
@Jeremy_Danner | @Boulevard_Beer | http://www.boulevard.com/facebook
JeremyDanner

Postby tuckner » February 28th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Not going with the 'allocation based on turnout' model. Bold move for a city that yells about chocolate ale.
tuckner

Postby JeremyDanner » February 28th, 2017, 3:05 pm

tuckner wrote:Not going with the 'allocation based on turnout' model. Bold move for a city that yells about chocolate ale.

I think allocation based on turnout would be a worse move than allocating 4 bottles per person. I know there's some beer geek (myself included in that) buzz around the beer, but I don't think it has the mass appeal that a beer like Chocolate Ale had. For that reason, if we were to base allocation on turnout, it's likely that it would be more than 4 bottles/person. I think that would be a bad move if we want to give as many people as possible access to this beer.
JeremyDanner

Postby tuckner » February 28th, 2017, 3:50 pm

If the line warranted it, you could always set 4pp at that time, mark hands, and have some leftover with everyone happy. Nothing is forcing you to set it higher. The uber beer nerd population would especially understand due to it being the same model of side project releases and how well they've been run lately.

It does have the downside that you have to put in work estimating the size of the line, I'll give you that.
tuckner

Postby JeremyDanner » February 28th, 2017, 5:04 pm

tuckner wrote:If the line warranted it, you could always set 4pp at that time, mark hands, and have some leftover with everyone happy. Nothing is forcing you to set it higher. The uber beer nerd population would especially understand due to it being the same model of side project releases and how well they've been run lately.

It does have the downside that you have to put in work estimating the size of the line, I'll give you that.

We think having a firm plan and communicating the limits beforehand for our first release is the best approach since it's not something we've ever done before and there's the likelihood that for some folks, this will be their first brewery release as well. Setting clear expectations from the onset was a priority. We aren't married to this process and are definitely leaving ourselves open to learn from this to refine future releases.
JeremyDanner

Postby tuckner » February 28th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Good luck. Just from my interpretation, it sounds like you're forecasting there to be some left over which would be a great scenario. See you tomorrow.
tuckner

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Events