Imperial Stout Aged in Jamaican Rum Barrels Release Party!

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Imperial Stout Aged in Jamaican Rum Barrels Release Party!

Postby Chris Dolt » October 19th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Come, help us celebrate our second Brewhouse One Release, a very special, small batch Imperial Stout Aged in Jamaican Rum Barrels! Party-goers receive priority access to the beer before its public release on Monday the 13th!

We’re switching to island time for a bottle release party on Sunday, November 12th. Tickets provide entry to the party, which includes samples of the new beer, classic reggae, ska and rocksteady spun by Boss Hooligan Sound System, Jamaican snacks from Kansas City classic Sankofa Café, and a 4-pack to take home! The Beer Hall bar will be open for additional purchases, including $3 pours of Tropical Pale Ale and $4 pours of the featured beer, and each guest will have the opportunity to purchase an additional case of Jamaican Rum Barrel Imperial Stout to take home. For every 4-pack sold, we will donate $1 to FosterAdoptConnect.

All Sales Final / $35 per ticket / 21+

*** 4-packs of this Brewhouse One release will will go on sale Monday, November 13th exclusively in the Boulevard Tours & Rec Center. $24.95 per 4-pack / limit two per transaction. Stay tuned for further beer details!

Event ticket link: https://www.boulevard.com/event/brewhou ... ase-party/
Brewers Blog: https://www.boulevard.com/2017/10/19/im ... m-barrels/
Chris Dolt

Re: Imperial Stout Aged in Jamaican Rum Barrels Release Part

Postby hopmolester69 » October 25th, 2017, 10:51 pm

i cant wait!
hopmolester69

Postby Jake1605 » October 29th, 2017, 12:15 am

Another thing Danner rolled his eyes at not too long ago, knocking brewery only releases lol
Jake1605

Postby DustinM » October 29th, 2017, 4:40 pm

Why are cinnamon sticks and coconuts in the picture? There is no mention of either being in the beer?
DustinM

Postby JeremyDanner » October 29th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Jake1605 wrote:Another thing Danner rolled his eyes at not too long ago, knocking brewery only releases lol

I don’t know what’s going on, man, but I’m happy to discuss it in this forum, via email or in person over a beer.
@Jeremy_Danner
JeremyDanner

Postby JeremyDanner » October 29th, 2017, 6:13 pm

DustinM wrote:Why are cinnamon sticks and coconuts in the picture? There is no mention of either being in the beer?

My guess is that they’re included as we’ve picked up those notes from the beer. I didn’t take the picture, though, so I can't speak 100% on the intent of including them.
@Jeremy_Danner
JeremyDanner

Postby Chris Dolt » October 30th, 2017, 12:41 pm

DustinM wrote:Why are cinnamon sticks and coconuts in the picture? There is no mention of either being in the beer?

Sorry for the late reply. What Jeremy mentioned below is correct. As we tasted the beer we picked up subtle notes of coconut, cocoa and cinnamon, all common flavors in both barrel aged imperial stouts and Jamaican rums.
Chris Dolt

Postby hopmolester69 » November 13th, 2017, 10:50 am

Chris Dolt wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. What Jeremy mentioned below is correct. As we tasted the beer we picked up subtle notes of coconut, cocoa and cinnamon, all common flavors in both barrel aged imperial stouts and Jamaican rums.

i dont know if anyone has had this yet, but the beer is awesome. vanilla and coconut bomb. A little thinner than I expected but not disappointed. got a free pour when i picked up my 2 4 packs. Brought back some donut lounge 1-love donuts to the lab. sharing the love today haha.
hopmolester69

Return to Beer Events