BKS Release

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Re: BKS Release

Postby schumed » January 17th, 2018, 9:20 am

I've been a huge fan so far. I've been to 3 releases now. I will say my favorite beer is the Mild with coffee. Its such a great simple beer that I want cases of.

Pinetree has been my favorite IPA so far. I thought Tiny Clouds has been their best "Hazy" beer so far..perfect softness and juiciness.

For a new brewery its been a great start compared to others
schumed

Postby keezer » January 20th, 2018, 8:15 am

Last night I cracked open a can of Antithesis. The overall flavor of the beer was less muddled, which make it easier to identify the issue. It's heat, not bitterness. That explains why it becomes significantly more prominent as the beer warms. It's a fermentation flaw that probably came from trying to rush batches to meet demand. Otherwise the beer was great. That one flaw made the beer hard to drink though. If I hadn't split the can with a friend, I probably still would not have been able to finish it.
Tim
keezer

Postby hopmolester69 » January 20th, 2018, 10:15 am

keezer wrote:Last night I cracked open a can of Antithesis. The overall flavor of the beer was less muddled, which make it easier to identify the issue. It's heat, not bitterness. That explains why it becomes significantly more prominent as the beer warms. It's a fermentation flaw that probably came from trying to rush batches to meet demand. Otherwise the beer was great. That one flaw made the beer hard to drink though. If I hadn't split the can with a friend, I probably still would not have been able to finish it.

can you expand on how this flaw happened? just for my own 'homebrewing' curiosity
hopmolester69

Postby keezer » January 20th, 2018, 12:49 pm

hopmolester69 wrote:can you expand on how this flaw happened? just for my own 'homebrewing' curiosity

Likely causes are allowing fermentation temp rising too high, not allowing adequate time for the yeast to clean up fermentation byproducts after fermentation is complete or pitching an insufficient amount of healthy yeast--or any combination of the above.
Tim
keezer

Previous

Return to Beer Events