Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby beer4bill » January 16th, 2018, 6:38 pm

No surprise, there are many great breweries I struggle to understand why they still sell in MO or KS...

I would not be surprised is others follow suit.

Cheers
beer4bill
 
Posts: 609
Joined: February 19th, 2012, 6:51 pm
Location: OPKS

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby EricH » January 16th, 2018, 6:52 pm

I will certainly miss them, but speaking for myself, they lost a ton of my beer dollars when they stopped brewing the Double Stout, Le Freak, Hop Head Red and Barleywine. I also haven't seen any Rayon Vert or Palate Wrecker in years. Those beers were the main reasons I liked Green Flash so much. West Coast IPA will also be missed, but only a little. Plenty of other IPAs around to take its place, that's for sure.
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
User avatar
EricH
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:58 am
Location: OP, KS

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby JSchock7 » January 16th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Sucks but no surprise. Higher than average 6 pack price for the IPA. Only thing we could get the past year and a half or so was West Coast, Soul Style which I consistently would have to send back due to dates, and Passion Fruit Kicker. Now, does this mean that Alpine is going away with them? Haven't heard.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7
 
Posts: 311
Joined: November 4th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby JSchock7 » January 16th, 2018, 8:14 pm

EricH wrote:I will certainly miss them, but speaking for myself, they lost a ton of my beer dollars when they stopped brewing the Double Stout, Le Freak, Hop Head Red and Barleywine. I also haven't seen any Rayon Vert or Palate Wrecker in years. Those beers were the main reasons I liked Green Flash so much. West Coast IPA will also be missed, but only a little. Plenty of other IPAs around to take its place, that's for sure.

Rayon Vert could make my list of Desert Island Beers. So good every time. Only thing close I could find was Lukas MO had the Cellar 3 series knock off of it last year.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7
 
Posts: 311
Joined: November 4th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby EricH » January 16th, 2018, 8:30 pm

JSchock7 wrote: Now, does this mean that Alpine is going away with them? Haven't heard.


I think it does.
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
User avatar
EricH
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:58 am
Location: OP, KS

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby JustinKendall » January 16th, 2018, 8:47 pm

EricH wrote:
JSchock7 wrote: Now, does this mean that Alpine is going away with them? Haven't heard.


I think it does.


Yeah, it does.
JustinKendall
 
Posts: 40
Joined: February 5th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby bigpete » January 16th, 2018, 10:50 pm

JustinKendall wrote:
EricH wrote:
JSchock7 wrote: Now, does this mean that Alpine is going away with them? Haven't heard.


I think it does.


Yeah, it does.


Does anyone buy Alpine at the price point
bigpete
 
Posts: 358
Joined: July 6th, 2014, 7:54 am

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby Bobby Digital » January 17th, 2018, 2:51 pm

bigpete wrote:Does anyone buy Alpine at the price point

I would if it tasted like Alpine beer.
User avatar
Bobby Digital
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 9:19 am

Re: Green Flash_distro reduced to 17 states (not KS or MO)

Postby theisti » January 17th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Bobby Digital wrote:
bigpete wrote:Does anyone buy Alpine at the price point

I would if it tasted like Alpine beer.

Seriously
User avatar
theisti
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 7:51 am
Location: Leawood, KS

Next

Return to Beer Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron

x