2018 Taps & Tastes

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Re: 2018 Taps & Tastes

Postby Lagerinthefront » February 26th, 2018, 11:24 am

JeremyDanner wrote:For what it's worth, Taps & Tastes tickets are the same price they were last year.

OK, so it was gentrified before this year.
Parkville is $35.
Is Taps & Tastes 3 times as good as Parkville?
IMHO..No!
$115 is way too much to stand in line all day just to find out that the volunteers drank all of the rare stuff when you get to the front of the line.
Heck, it's too much even if you do get a sample of every rare beer there.
Lagerinthefront

Postby EricH » February 26th, 2018, 11:46 am

I certainly don't mean any offense by this, but if it's too expensive, just don't go.

I say this because that's what I do, or don't do, as the case may be. But then, I am basically done with beer fests in general, for my own reasons.
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
EricH

Postby JeremyDanner » February 26th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Lagerinthefront wrote:
JeremyDanner wrote:For what it's worth, Taps & Tastes tickets are the same price they were last year.

Parkville is $35.
IMHO..No!
$115 is way too much to stand in line all day just to find out that the volunteers drank all of the rare stuff when you get to the front of the line.

While I'm not interested in making direct comparisons to another festival that I absolutely LOVE, I'm down to hear feedback/concerns if you'd like to share them here or email me at jdanner at boulevard dot com. I don't buy that one volunteer at a table is capable of drinking all of one beer let alone all of the rare beers before the end of the festival, but I'd love to hear specifics on that as well. I don't necessarily monitor when folks run out of specific beers, but I know that everyone made it well into the GA session before running out of beers.
Ambassador Brewer, Boulevard Brewing Co.
Twitter: @Jeremy_Danner
JeremyDanner

Postby wadeprairie » February 28th, 2018, 9:00 am

Anyone know if tickets are through Eventbrite again this year? Or just through the boulevardia website?
wadeprairie

Postby JeremyDanner » February 28th, 2018, 9:56 am

JeremyDanner

Postby keezer » February 28th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Lagerinthefront wrote:

Parkville is $35.
IMHO..No!

I know Jeremy doesn't want to compare events, but I think a fact check is in order.
- The lineup at this event is unlike any other fest in KC. You will not find the level of out-of-distro brewer participation anywhere else. Consider the travel expense to visit the breweries that are coming to you.
- Unlimited snacks provided by some of the best restaurants in KC
- The ticket price also includes entry into Boulevardia for the day
- Air conditioning bro! And they didn't raise the price.
- Comparing the Parkville GA price to the T&T early admission price is not an apples-to-apples comparison
- I've volunteered at this event before. Your point about volunteers drinking all the rare stuff is flat out false.

As Eric said, skip it if you feel it's not worth it. That's a fair personal judgment. Other folks will be happy to have the opportunity to attend.
Last edited by keezer on February 28th, 2018, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keezer

Postby Jake1605 » February 28th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Who pays for the beer for Boulevardia vs the compared festivals? I know Flying Saucer pays for their beer that they profit off of
Jake1605

Postby JeremyDanner » February 28th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Jake1605 wrote:Who pays for the beer for Boulevardia vs the compared festivals? I know Flying Saucer pays for their beer that they profit off of

Boulevardia is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Breweries willingly donate their beer to the Taps & Tastes portion of Boulevardia, but we pay for lodging, transportation and meals/hospitality for participating breweries.

For beers that are sold within the festival at-large, Boulevardia purchases kegs from Central State Beverage. The non-profit organizations who staff the beers keep tips for their organization and Boulevardia donates a percentage of the bars' revenue to them as well.
JeremyDanner

Postby CELaur » February 28th, 2018, 2:12 pm

@Jeremy_Danner

Noticed the BLVDIA Cashless Wristband "The easy way to pay for drinks with a simple tap of the wrist! Linked to your credit card, order this wristband and before you step in the gates you'll be ready to pay! This wristband will allow you to walk right up to our Boulevardia bars and make your purchases! Includes free shipping and will be mailed to you prior to the festival!"

Will prior years tokens still be accepted for payment of drinks at bars?

Taps & Tastes demand seems to be dropping off from prior years also. Early Admission looks to still be available 4 hours later...
CELaur

Postby JeremyDanner » February 28th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Yes, you can use tokens from previous years of Boulevardia at this year's festival.
JeremyDanner

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Events