Waldo Pizza Firkin

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Waldo Pizza Firkin

Postby hwwty4 » February 22nd, 2012, 7:33 am

Sorry about the late posting...

Tonight at 7pm Waldo Pizza is tapping a firkin of Dry Hopped 5 Day IPA. Ill probably go up for a beer or 7.
WALDO
hwwty4

Re: Waldo Pizza Firkin

Postby Dantzig » February 22nd, 2012, 11:56 am

I'll be there with a friend!
Dantzig

Postby Dantzig » February 23rd, 2012, 12:29 pm

Gotta say that I wish I went to the Sierra Nevada event at Flying Saucer instead. Apparently one of O'Fallon's brewers was at this event but I never would have known that had the bartender not told me. After the firkin was tapped, I saw a guy in an O'Fallon shirt talk with a group for a while and then get out of there in a hurry. No one introduced the beer which was a huge missed opportunity. I always love hearing all about a beer from the person who made it! O'Fallon also apparently brought some swag but left it all behind the bar for the staff to keep/give to their friends vs handing it out to customers. Maybe some of these things had to do with the absolutely ridiculous number of children in the Tap Room during the event? There had to be 40+ kids there and far fewer adults... I still love Waldo Pizza/the Tap Room but based on how this one went, I'm probably not going to make it a point to attend their beer events in the future. It's still one of my favorite places to drink good beer. Very fair prices and great pizza!
Dantzig

Postby johnf » February 23rd, 2012, 12:52 pm

I have always wished that that Waldo Pizza would focus on making the tap room a beer bar. IMO they would be in the running for second best beer bar in town if they weren't randomly closed on Friday night for a private party. They are very thoughtful with their tap and bottle selections and the bartenders are all great. Probably the best behind the bar staff in town if we don't count Free State as being in town.

I think they missed an opportunity by not leasing the space next door the several times it has been empty so they can have a beer bar and an event room and plenty of space to make the beer bar part less family friendly than the rest.

That said, great beer, great staff, good food, 7 minute walk, nothing is going to keep me from going there a lot.
johnf

Return to Beer Events