Meet the Brewers

Event postings -- festivals, tastings, dinners, pairings, etc.

Meet the Brewers

Postby Randylbear » February 29th, 2012, 11:13 pm

Sunday, March 11th, 4-6 p.m. come by the Foundry to meet the local brewers. Participating breweries include McCoy's Public House, Boulevard Brewing Co., Free State Brewing, Gordon Biersch,Tallgrass, and 75th Street. The brewers will be sampling beer, and this is a free event. FYI-A little birdie told me that John McDonald is making an appearance...
Randylbear

Re: Meet the Brewers

Postby EricH » February 29th, 2012, 11:47 pm

Wow, this would be interesting for sure. I will definitely make it if at all possible.
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
EricH

Postby Pulp » March 1st, 2012, 8:24 pm

Free beer tasting? Before Radiohead?

Count me in!!!
Pulp

Postby johnf » March 1st, 2012, 8:30 pm

I'll be down. Don't get me too drunk. I am on the 6:50 to Philly the next morning.

PS, a keg of 30th St Pale Ale would really make this.
johnf

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » March 6th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Randylbear wrote:Sunday, March 11th, 4-6 p.m. come by the Foundry to meet the local brewers. Participating breweries include McCoy's Public House, Boulevard Brewing Co., Free State Brewing, Gordon Biersch,Tallgrass, and 75th Street. The brewers will be sampling beer, and this is a free event. FYI-A little birdie told me that John McDonald is making an appearance...

KC Beer blog totally "stole" your exact post on this, lol
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby johnf » March 11th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Plan on getting there around 4. If you don't know me and want to say hi: short, fat, green hat with pink embroidery of a pig and the word "salumi".
johnf

Postby JRBoulevard_KC » March 11th, 2012, 2:52 pm

I can't make it FTL :( enjoy the rye on rye and saison brett without me....along with the other great beers.
JRBoulevard_KC

Postby Dantzig » March 12th, 2012, 11:24 am

How was this? I was planning to go but I got sick and needed to conserve my energy for the Radiohead show.
Dantzig

Postby pd4ever » March 12th, 2012, 12:16 pm

The event was good. I was sitting next to the boulevard and 75th street samples and was wondering where the other breweries were. Well about the time they were shutting down we realized that the other 4 breweries samples were inside McCoys and not the foundry. I only got to try the 8-bit from Tallgrass as everything else was already put away. However the 75th street vanilla porter, saison brett, and rye-on-rye were all delicious. One of my friends overheard on the the guys say that the saison brett keg was a couple years old. I havent had it fresh so I dont have anything to compare it to.
pd4ever

Return to Beer Events