Tallgrass Launches Explorer Series Line of Specialty Beers

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
patrick

Tallgrass Launches Explorer Series Line of Specialty Beers

Post by patrick » August 5th, 2015, 12:40 pm

Saw this over on BA and didn't see it posted here. Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat with Cinnamon sounds fucking fantastic.
MANHATTAN, Kan. (Aug. 4, 2015) – Tallgrass Brewing Co. announces the launch of the Tallgrass Explorer Series, a new line of specialty craft beers kicking off this September.

Each brand in the Explorer Series will be packaged in 12-ounce can 4-packs as well as a mix pack box containing one of each of the Explorer Series beers, available November-December. The first four brands in the Explorer Series include the following:
  • Bourbon Barrel Buffalo Sweat: Tallgrass' award-winning oatmeal cream stout, aged in bourbon barrels to create a rich, complex, medium-bodied beer with chocolate-espresso flavor and aroma with an oak barrel backbone. Available September - December.
  • Big RICC: Russian Imperial Stout with coffee and chocolate. Bold coffee flavor and aroma with strong chocolate notes. Full-bodied and great for sipping. Winner of silver medal in coffee beer at 2014 U.S. Open Beer Championships. Available October - February.
  • Wooden Rooster: Tallgrass' Belgian-style Tripel ale, Velvet Rooster—the first-ever Tripel in a can—aged in rye whiskey barrels. It has a candy-like sweetness and slight spice, with vanilla, oak and rye whiskey prominent in aroma and flavor. Available October.
  • Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat with Cinnamon: Tallgrass' highly popular winter seasonal, Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat, aged in bourbon barrels and enhanced with crushed cinnamon sticks during fermentation. Cinnamon is prominent in aroma and flavor along with vanilla, chocolate and espresso, with warm bourbon undertones.

redditbl

Re: Tallgrass Launches Explorer Series Line of Specialty Bee

Post by redditbl » August 5th, 2015, 12:44 pm

I enjoyed wooden rooster, however I probably won't buy another one. But the base beer for Buffalo sweat doesn't excite me as a barrel aged beer. The cinnamon one does sound like their best prospect.

I'll definitely give them all a fair shake though!

flip

Post by flip » August 5th, 2015, 12:46 pm

Nice. I got to try Big RICC at a Barley's event a while ago. It was really good.

I'm not a huge fan of the base Buffalo Sweat, but the barrel-aging and adjuncts might make it more interesting. Still, I wish they would just do that with Big RICC instead.

redditbl

Post by redditbl » August 5th, 2015, 12:49 pm

I haven't tried the Big Ricc, but that is what i was thinking, adjunct that one.

Or, make a new one called buffalo semen and ramp it up!

dansb

Post by dansb » August 5th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Will for sure buy the mixed pack to give them all a try. I agree a little weary on the aged Buffalo sweat... beer like that seems prone to issues when barrel aging. Edit: nm barrel aaged 72 is delicious. I think that brand not to be named in Nebraska scared me from them.