▪ The Grizz, an imperial IPA in the brewery’s limited-edition Explorer Series. Look for it late next month.
▪ Top Rope IPA, a new year-round beer, gets its citrusy punch from Columbus, Chinook, Cascade, Amarillo and Bravo hops. The pro-wrestling-inspired IPA is 6 percent alcohol by volume and has “a nice malty backbone,” Gill says. “This is a beer we’ll be drinking around the brewery on an everyday basis.”
▪ Songbird Saison, which will also be available year-round, is a tart and refreshing Belgian-style beer with a light, dry finish. “The Saison is a change of direction for us,” Gill says. It shows “we’re not just a bunch of hop heads who want a pale ale all the time.”
▪ Sweet Tooth is a salted caramel Belgian dark strong ale in Tallgrass’ Explorer Series. It ships in mid-February.
▪ Biere De Mars is a new Explorer Series beer. Look for it in early March.
▪ Half-Pipe Tart Pale Ale is a new year-round beer that gets its sour flavor from lactobacillus, the same bacteria used to culture yogurt. It boasts “tart character, but with a hop bitterness and aroma,” Gill says. “It’s a really unique beer, perfect for the springtime because of the tartness and refreshing character. We’re really excited about it.”
▪ Raspberry Jam is a raspberry Berliner Weisse developed at the Tallgrass Tap House.
To make room for all of these new brews, Gill says Tallgrass is discontinuing several others, including Ethos IPA, Velvet Rooster Belgian-Style Tripel, 16-Bit Double Pale Ale, Ginger Peach Saison and Halcyon Unfiltered Wheat.
Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-co ... 27780.html
Sad to see wooden and velvet rooster go but if I can get it at the tap house when I am there it will be okay. Would kind of like to see them go to all 12 oz cans.. the larger cans caused me to not buy often.