New Members - Introduce Yourself

General forum for all things beer.

Re: New Members - Introduce Yourself

Postby Andy Jenkins » December 14th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Hello All,

Figured I'd do an official introduction--I've referenced the site for the past 4 years, but for some reason have only now created an account.

I'm Andy and believe I know a decent amount of you. I've recently done the unthinkable: abandoned a 6-year career in the craft beer industry, and moved back to a 9am-5pm gig (the lifestyle of which is more conducive to parenthood, for me anyway). I'd previously worked for Two Brothers out of Chicago, as well as Boulevard and the old MoBev here in Kansas City.

So with my newfound status of independent beer drinker/fan/etc., I figured I'd do better at trying to stay involved in the local beer scene.

And so that's me. Hope everyone is having a dynamite Monday. Over and out. Andy.
Andy Jenkins

Postby beer4bill » December 14th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Welcome to the community Andy.

Cheers,
beer4bill

Postby bchociej » December 21st, 2015, 10:02 pm

Hi all,

My name's Ben, out in south OPKS. Love beer of all types but recently obsessing over sours and saisons. I also do a spot of homebrewing here and there with my brother-in-law. Used to frequent the Saucer but tend to buy package beer now. Looking forward to sharing beer talk, tips, and info!

Cheers!
bchociej

Postby EricH » December 22nd, 2015, 9:18 am

bchociej wrote:Hi all,

My name's Ben, out in south OPKS. Love beer of all types but recently obsessing over sours and saisons. I also do a spot of homebrewing here and there with my brother-in-law. Used to frequent the Saucer but tend to buy package beer now. Looking forward to sharing beer talk, tips, and info!

Cheers!

Welcome to the site, Ben! Feel free to make yourself at home.
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
EricH

Postby KCcyclone01 » February 9th, 2016, 10:52 pm

Hi All,

I have been lurking for a while and enjoying everyone's postings, thought I'd finally own up and join. My name is Andrew, craft beer and good whisk(e)y have been an increasing hobby the last 3-4 years. Every time I think I have started to figure out either industry, I am consistently humbled by the knowledge of my peers and the breadth of product available.

In the last year I have made two different trips to Christchurch, New Zealand and was happy to find people willing to introduce me to the craft beer industry there. If anyone is ever headed down under, please let me know I'd be happy to guide you towards some great NZ beer and send you with some $$$ to mule some back.

Cheers!
-Andrew
KCcyclone01

Postby EricH » February 9th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Hey Andrew! Welcome aboard.
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
EricH

Postby BaileysBrew » March 14th, 2016, 8:21 pm

Hey all! My name is Marcus (childhood nickname is Bailey). I founded Zipline Brewing Co. in Lincoln a few years ago and we just started selling beer in the KC MO area. We like to keep our beer close to home and heart, which gives me a chance to stay active in and help grow the beer communities where we have beer. If you have any questions for me or just want to chat beer, feel free to shoot me a message!
BaileysBrew

Postby beer4bill » March 14th, 2016, 8:30 pm

BaileysBrew wrote:Hey all! My name is Marcus (childhood nickname is Bailey). I founded Zipline Brewing Co. in Lincoln a few years ago and we just started selling beer in the KC MO area. We like to keep our beer close to home and heart, which gives me a chance to stay active in and help grow the beer communities where we have beer. If you have any questions for me or just want to chat beer, feel free to shoot me a message!

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out to us. Cheers!
beer4bill

Postby Zac Sachs » March 29th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Hello all, My name is Zac and I am a long time listener first time caller. I am sorta new to a lot of the amazing beer you all talk about but I am learning quickly. I Live in the Northland and am always looking to try new and different styles, types, and brands of beer. I've grown up here in Kansas City and It has been amazing to watch our town evolve to this point.

Currently I am into IPA's and I am looking for a few new (or old) good ones. If you can point me in a good direction I would be very thankful.

Also Nice meeting you all,

Zac
Zac Sachs

Postby EricH » March 29th, 2016, 5:56 pm

Welcome, new people!

Zac, if you are in the Northland, I would check out Cinder Block, they have a new Session IPA called Unwind and another new IPA, #5 in their their Hop Maven series, which is a Black IPA. Other than that, if you haven't tried The Calling from Boulevard, you should.
EricH

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion