Re: Found on the shelf...

Postby ReedM » June 19th, 2017, 11:24 am

Still have some American Solera out....
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Postby thomas15 » June 20th, 2017, 9:23 am

hopmolester69 wrote:anyone have any 2016 abyss?

Seen all over Kansas side of Kc
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby thomas15 » June 20th, 2017, 9:25 am

quislet wrote:Lukas OP had a good amount of Krieky Bones on the shelf when I stopped by yesterday evening. No luck on the Bravo though. Keep seeing beers by Urban Family whenever I visit. A little pricey but many of them sound tasty. Wondering if anyone on here has given them a try?

I have had a range of experiences with Urban Family. I've had some exceptional stuff and some beers that I really didn't care for. Try some for sure but also be warned that they have made some gushers at times.
Torn Label Brewing Company
thomas15

Postby Jake1605 » June 20th, 2017, 11:20 am

I don't think that Urban Family is worth the price, but of the 20 or so beers that I've tried from them, nothing gushed. I think storing and serving the bottle properly is something that gets underthought. After a few, you'll get it.
Jake1605

Postby EricH » June 20th, 2017, 1:34 pm

I opened a bottle of Prairie 4th Anniversary a few days ago that had been stored at the same temperature and in the same spot in the fridge for at least 3 months, and the second I opened it, 3/4 of the bottle gushed out. Total waste of money and not fun to clean off of the carpet. I am done with their wild ales, and will stick to their stouts and IPAs exclusively from here on out.
They say there are strangers who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
That those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
EricH

Postby theLC » June 20th, 2017, 3:25 pm

EricH wrote:I opened a bottle of Prairie 4th Anniversary a few days ago that had been stored at the same temperature and in the same spot in the fridge for at least 3 months, and the second I opened it, 3/4 of the bottle gushed out. Total waste of money and not fun to clean off of the carpet. I am done with their wild ales, and will stick to their stouts and IPAs exclusively from here on out.

I've been getting super harsh metallic/rust flavors out of all their stouts I've had in the last couple months...
theLC

Postby bigpete » June 20th, 2017, 5:16 pm

theLC wrote:
EricH wrote:I opened a bottle of Prairie 4th Anniversary a few days ago that had been stored at the same temperature and in the same spot in the fridge for at least 3 months, and the second I opened it, 3/4 of the bottle gushed out. Total waste of money and not fun to clean off of the carpet. I am done with their wild ales, and will stick to their stouts and IPAs exclusively from here on out.

I've been getting super harsh metallic/rust flavors out of all their stouts I've had in the last couple months...

I have pretty much stopped buying all their beers, sometimes they are amazing and then the same beer a week later will suck and with their price point there is much better stuff out there that isn't such a risk.
bigpete

Postby JSchock7 » June 21st, 2017, 8:25 am

Guess this is a good time to mention I lowered the price on all Urban Family a couple bucks and most of the Prairies last week.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby nightfly_dp » June 28th, 2017, 12:40 pm

2015 Blvd BBQ at the Quiktrip at 39th and Bolger in Indep. On the bottom shelf with the wine $13.69. I got one yesterday and left at least 7. Now hope it drinks well.
nightfly_dp

Postby EricH » June 28th, 2017, 1:10 pm

nightfly_dp wrote:2015 Blvd BBQ at the Quiktrip at 39th and Bolger in Indep. On the bottom shelf with the wine $13.69. I got one yesterday and left at least 7. Now hope it drinks well.

I just had one a couple of nights ago. It's still good but is about a month away from its "Drink By" date by now.
They say there are strangers who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
That those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
EricH

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Discussion