Bourbon Thread

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

Re: Bourbon Thread

Postby captainahab » December 12th, 2017, 10:01 am

hopmolester69 wrote:
Rockchalkkc wrote:You got an old rip from
Redx today?

No, but i think its still in the glass case.

Went up that day. They had "Old Ripy" not Old Rip. Thanks for the tip thought.
captainahab

Postby govlady » December 12th, 2017, 10:37 am

Right, but is there a good site for IP beer for whiskey trading? Or do these trades happen a decent amount on here?

Thanks, man.

dansb wrote:
govlady wrote:I'm not big into Bourbon, but I have a buddy who's obsessed with Pappy, ORVW, etc. I have him in our secret Santa thing and was curious if there is a good site/place to trade beer for it?

Appreciate the help.

Bryan

Maybe set your sights to semi-attainable and go Weller 12?
govlady

Postby phisherman_77 » December 12th, 2017, 12:23 pm

govlady wrote:Right, but is there a good site for IP beer for whiskey trading? Or do these trades happen a decent amount on here?

I think that one could normally set up a beer for bourbon trade without issue, but when you're talking about Pappy or BTAC products, you've ventured into a different area. These products are HIGHLY, HIGHLY sought after and the normal trader isn't going to trade you one unless you've got some major artillery. The secondary value of Pappy/BTAC is what drives this and beer traders often find themselves paying a "tax" in a way because honestly, the bourbons are typically harder to get than beers are.

Long story short, if you want to trade for any Pappy/BTAC, don't expect folks to openly offer it. You'll need to offer something big and hope that someone bites.
phisherman_77

Postby govlady » December 12th, 2017, 1:20 pm

phisherman_77 wrote:
govlady wrote:Right, but is there a good site for IP beer for whiskey trading? Or do these trades happen a decent amount on here?

I think that one could normally set up a beer for bourbon trade without issue, but when you're talking about Pappy or BTAC products, you've ventured into a different area. These products are HIGHLY, HIGHLY sought after and the normal trader isn't going to trade you one unless you've got some major artillery. The secondary value of Pappy/BTAC is what drives this and beer traders often find themselves paying a "tax" in a way because honestly, the bourbons are typically harder to get than beers are.

Long story short, if you want to trade for any Pappy/BTAC, don't expect folks to openly offer it. You'll need to offer something big and hope that someone bites.

Thanks, man. I'll give it a shot.
govlady

Postby Bobby Digital » December 13th, 2017, 5:58 pm

govlady wrote:I'm not big into Bourbon, but I have a buddy who's obsessed with Pappy, ORVW, etc. I have him in our secret Santa thing and was curious if there is a good site/place to trade beer for it?

Appreciate the help.

Bryan

https://www.talkbeer.com/community/foru ... -stuff.19/
Bobby Digital

Postby hopmolester69 » December 15th, 2017, 7:06 pm

captainahab wrote:
hopmolester69 wrote:
Rockchalkkc wrote:You got an old rip from
Redx today?

No, but i think its still in the glass case.

Went up that day. They had "Old Ripy" not Old Rip. Thanks for the tip thought.

Shit I’m sorry I seriously thought that was the bottle they were talking about! They were probably talking about old Rip van winkle ORVW. My bad!!!!!
hopmolester69

Postby JSchock7 » December 23rd, 2017, 6:47 pm

We just got in our Barrel of Jos A. Magnus in at Lukas OP. We teamed up with the Kansas City Whiskey Club to pick this one out. Located right up front at our customer service desk.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby EricH » December 23rd, 2017, 6:49 pm

Is that different from Jos. A. Bank?
Tomorrow is shallow, but today is as deep as truth. - Hugh Prather
EricH

Postby JSchock7 » December 24th, 2017, 3:28 pm

EricH wrote:Is that different from Jos. A. Bank?

It's the same. They distilled it in their 10 for 1 Suits.
Beer Manager at Lukas OP
JSchock7

Postby hwwty4 » December 30th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Bobby Digital wrote:

Appreciate the help.

Bryan

https://www.talkbeer.com/community/foru ... -stuff.19/

Honestly, your best bet is to try to get added to CBBX if you want to try to trade beer for bourbon but those trades rarely go through. Better off selling the beer and buying on BSM.
WALDO
hwwty4

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic