Boulevard discontinues Bully! Porter

General forum for all things beer.
EricH

Re: Boulevard discontinues Bully! Porter

Post by EricH » August 19th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I will at least consider buying one of these, thus far I have not purchased a single Blvd product since Feb (or Firestone, Duvel, Ommegang, etc.). I am finding it to be pretty easy. LOTS of beer out there these days.

I do wish the US craft beer scene would move on a bit from the IPA/Sour trend it continues to be stuck in, but there is still a good variety of stuff if you poke around a little.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

nightfly_dp

Post by nightfly_dp » August 19th, 2020, 10:59 pm

I'd say I've had less Blvd but Zon and Bob's 47 are favorites I always get in their season and they do good special releases. I'm sure there will be some in my fridge more often than not but I like variety too much to get everything they put out. Snow & Tell in August is an odd choice though.

There are more local beers than ever being distributed, I find myself getting a lot of Martin City these days. These times have made me realize just how many breweries are in the area these days even among those that don't distribute. Any time I have a day off, I try to hit at least one at least for something to go in hopes they can survive these times.

I do like IPAs as much as the next guy, but yeah there's much more to beer than that. Hazy doesn't do much for me though. I have to be in the mood for sours though and that isn't often.

keezer

Post by keezer » September 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am

EricH wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 6:31 pm
I do wish the US craft beer scene would move on a bit from the IPA/Sour trend it continues to be stuck in, but there is still a good variety of stuff if you poke around a little.
I think there's quite a craft lager movement in progress at the moment. I wish west coast IPA's would make a comeback. There's way too much focus on hazy IPA's--a style that KC doesn't generally do very well anyway IMO (fighting words to some people, I know).

keezer

Post by keezer » September 2nd, 2020, 11:46 am

nightfly_dp wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 10:59 pm
I'd say I've had less Blvd but Zon and Bob's 47 are favorites I always get in their season and they do good special releases. I'm sure there will be some in my fridge more often than not but I like variety too much to get everything they put out. Snow & Tell in August is an odd choice though.
Now that you mention it, I haven't had much from Boulevard recently either. The last couple years I've been consuming most of my Boulevard beers at the tap hall. Haven't been since Feb or Mar.

The pilsner collab they did was money, though. I bought a couple sixers of it.

EricH

Post by EricH » September 3rd, 2020, 4:29 pm

keezer wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am
I think there's quite a craft lager movement in progress at the moment. I wish west coast IPA's would make a comeback. There's way too much focus on hazy IPA's--a style that KC doesn't generally do very well anyway IMO (fighting words to some people, I know).
That is really cool to hear. I have to admit, I did just pick up some Jack Abby Oktoberfest as mentioned in the New in August thread and like it a lot. So drinkable.
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."