TG Distro Expansion?

General forum for all things beer.

TG Distro Expansion?

Postby Jake1605 » December 3rd, 2017, 11:22 pm

Noticed California gets their beer now, fresh cans all over. When are we going to be getting these? Is our market that bad?
Jake1605

Re: TG Distro Expansion?

Postby ReedM » December 4th, 2017, 8:59 am

I heard rumors about Hy-Vee having some serious pull into bringing them into our market, but we saw how that worked out with Surley :roll:
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Postby Jake1605 » December 4th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Hy-Vee should Private Label them already. When I worked at Mike's I talked to several awesome small batch brewery owners who would have loved to be brought into an area small, but the shop owners didn't want to pull the trigger. Killer breweries too. Hy-Vee could corner the local beer market if they knew how.

Would also be cool to see TG give a small struggling craft distributer in KC or STL to handle TG and help them peddle their Saugatuck beers.
Jake1605

Postby bkkc » December 6th, 2017, 2:32 am

TG would be cool add... however you see most cooler door full at this point and things shelf turd'ing that should be selling somewhat, most with a layer of protective dust. (Think it pricing, stale product line and the community being a bunch of tickers.) Which is why I enjoy buying singles of seasonal beers... buy 2 or 3 (Bells Expedition, then throw in a couple regular beers for a expensive mixed 6... but I got Hop Stoopid, Two Hearted, Founders... things other wise we pass on for what new.)

*These are just generalization and observations of mine. Going into local store around town. Doesn't help when store get month old IPA's... while others get them 2 weeks prior.

ReedM wrote:I heard rumors about Hy-Vee having some serious pull into bringing them into our market, but we saw how that worked out with Surley :roll:

So did they just decide against Missouri all together or infinite wait? Never heard what exactly happened.
bkkc

Postby ReedM » December 10th, 2017, 10:32 am

bkkc wrote:
ReedM wrote:I heard rumors about Hy-Vee having some serious pull into bringing them into our market, but we saw how that worked out with Surley :roll:

So did they just decide against Missouri all together or infinite wait? Never heard what exactly happened.

From what I hear, they couldn't come to terms on a contract with their distributor.
Beer Curator @ Royal Liquors
1301 W 103rd Street
ReedM

Postby bkkc » December 11th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Believe I've heard it was Major Brands?
bkkc

Postby Jake1605 » December 11th, 2017, 9:08 pm

MB probably doesn't want to add more to compete with their products that they have to get premium shelf space for.
Jake1605

Return to General Beer Discussion