CPA recommendation?

If it's not necessarily beer-related, post about it here.

CPA recommendation?

Postby localbrewer » December 3rd, 2018, 3:15 pm

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a Tax CPA recommendation? I am trying to figure out if I should still keep doing my own with the help of my Aunt or if I should start going through someone as I think I might not be getting back as much as I think I should. Any recommendations would be great.
localbrewer

Re: CPA recommendation?

Postby EricH » December 3rd, 2018, 4:11 pm

FWIW, we use H&R Block tax software every year and have for quite some time now. My wife might not be a CPA, but she does payroll and other financial things for her employer, so IMO she knows what she is doing. It usually runs $25-40.
“Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” ― Mel Brooks
EricH

Postby dzump11 » December 3rd, 2018, 4:53 pm

localbrewer wrote:I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a Tax CPA recommendation? I am trying to figure out if I should still keep doing my own with the help of my Aunt or if I should start going through someone as I think I might not be getting back as much as I think I should. Any recommendations would be great.

I actually happen to be a CPA and unless you have complex things (your own business, numerous investments, rental property, etc.) I would also recommend either Turbo Tax or H&R Block Tax Cut online. It will walk you through all the questions and fill in the forms for you. If you get stuck you can get further advice as needed. Hope that helps and good luck.
dzump11

Postby hopmolester69 » December 12th, 2018, 3:53 pm

dzump11 wrote:
localbrewer wrote:I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a Tax CPA recommendation? I am trying to figure out if I should still keep doing my own with the help of my Aunt or if I should start going through someone as I think I might not be getting back as much as I think I should. Any recommendations would be great.

I actually happen to be a CPA and unless you have complex things (your own business, numerous investments, rental property, etc.) I would also recommend either Turbo Tax or H&R Block Tax Cut online. It will walk you through all the questions and fill in the forms for you. If you get stuck you can get further advice as needed. Hope that helps and good luck.

i have heard this advice from many other professionals like yourself!!!..... question ?.....can you write off the gas/expenses for beer trips to NW Iowa???
hopmolester69

Return to Off-Topic