New in Oktober-fest

Know of any new beer releases to the area? Share some info here.
JRBoulevard_KC

New in Oktober-fest

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » October 1st, 2019, 11:33 am

I just wanted to start a thread for old time sake. I don't have a list of anything yet in KC to start October 2019.

Buuut I hope this hits.

EricH. You are going to want to try this brand new beer from 2nd Shift. Wannabee. #orval
Attachments
FB_IMG_1569950777133.jpg
FB_IMG_1569950777133.jpg (168.91 KiB) Viewed 605 times

EricH

Re: New in Oktober-fest

Post by EricH » October 1st, 2019, 1:09 pm

Hey, welcome back JR, and thanks for the heads up! Very timely post, I am actually heading to St. Louis this weekend. :)
"Une Rochefort, c'est bien.
Deux Rochefort, c'est moins.
Trois Rochefort, faut pas le faire."

EricH

Post by EricH » October 1st, 2019, 1:30 pm

Heard about this one today, that sounds amazing:

Alma Mader Brewing is at Alma Mader Brewing.
2 hrs · Kansas City, MO ·

Today we’re releasing our second version of Tamper in 500ml bottles and on draught at 4pm! Our Tamper series focuses on working with local roasters to highlight bold espresso characters in our porter base. For this version we used @mapscoffeekc espresso blend which is a combination of Guatemalan, Ethiopian, and Brazilian coffees all roasted on Vincent’s beautiful Loring Falcon roaster. We only have a limited amount of bottles so be sure to stop in this week if you’d like to take a few home! @ Alma Mader Brewing

https://tinyurl.com/y2j98bf5

JRBoulevard_KC

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » October 1st, 2019, 2:47 pm

Thanks, Eric.

Saw these 2 also -
@boulevard_beer collaboration with @moderntimesbeer - Restless Nights Bourbon Barrel-aged Coffee Porter

Mother's Brewing Company Rye Barrel aged Materfamilis

@ Prairie Liquors

JRBoulevard_KC

Post by JRBoulevard_KC » October 1st, 2019, 2:49 pm

EricH wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 1:09 pm
Hey, welcome back JR, and thanks for the heads up! Very timely post, I am actually heading to St. Louis this weekend. :)
Nice! Narrow Gauge just released 3 beers I want to try also. 1 is an Oktoberfest.
You could score some good ones for sure, depending on what's left.

EricH

Post by EricH » October 7th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Well, no luck finding any Wanna Bee, but I picked up four other 2nd Shift beers: Evolution Of Friendship Vol. 2 (tried last night -- awesome), Oktoberfest, Port barrel-aged Black Noise and one other Imperial that I can't recall right now. They also have Surly in StL now so I got some Xtra-Citra Pale Ale, and a few other things. Randall's still seems to be the chain to beat as far as bottle shops go there.

nightfly_dp

Post by nightfly_dp » October 13th, 2019, 1:54 am

EricH wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 1:52 pm
They also have Surly in StL now so I got some Xtra-Citra Pale Ale, and a few other things. Randall's still seems to be the chain to beat as far as bottle shops go there.
I get that way once or twice a year. Is that Surly on the Missouri side? I've gotten Surly on the Illinois side the last couple of years but hoping it would make it to this side of the state if that is so.

I only know the Randall's in Fairview Heights, IL - but it is a nice beer shop indeed.

Stringer_bell

Post by Stringer_bell » October 13th, 2019, 7:41 am

nightfly_dp wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 1:54 am
EricH wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 1:52 pm
They also have Surly in StL now so I got some Xtra-Citra Pale Ale, and a few other things. Randall's still seems to be the chain to beat as far as bottle shops go there.
I get that way once or twice a year. Is that Surly on the Missouri side? I've gotten Surly on the Illinois side the last couple of years but hoping it would make it to this side of the state if that is so.

I only know the Randall's in Fairview Heights, IL - but it is a nice beer shop indeed.
Yeah, St. Louis gets Surly now. I thought it was going to be statewide but I haven’t seen anything about KC getting it yet.

dansb

Post by dansb » October 25th, 2019, 10:02 am

Picked up some roughtail hail juicifer yesterday. Tasty.

keezer

Post by keezer » October 25th, 2019, 5:25 pm

When I was in Lukas OP this morning, they still had 3 bottles of Utopias. When I left they still had 3. I admit I was tempted.